Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 4, 2013 at 10:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 10:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.73 meters/second, 1518.2 km/hour, 943.4 miles/hour or 819.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 22.5"||943.06 mi||West||0° 05' 01.1"||5.75 mi||South||942.84 mi|
|24 hours||14° 05' 46.2"||921.71 mi||East||1° 25' 18.5"||97.80 mi||South||922.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fuerte Olimpo *||Mon 7:34 AM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||SSE|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Mon 6:34 AM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||NW|
|Santa Cruz||Mon 6:34 AM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||WNW|
|Asuncion *||Mon 7:34 AM||696 km||432 miles||376 nm||S|
|Sucre||Mon 6:34 AM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||W|
|Salta||Mon 7:34 AM||955 km||593 miles||515 nm||SW|
|La Paz||Mon 6:34 AM||1059 km||658 miles||572 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia *||Mon 8:34 AM||1185 km||736 miles||640 nm||ENE|
|São Paulo *||Mon 8:34 AM||1328 km||825 miles||717 nm||ESE|
|Guarulhos *||Mon 8:34 AM||1334 km||829 miles||720 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.