Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 4, 2013 at 12:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 12:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.32 meters/second, 1516.8 km/hour, 942.5 miles/hour or 819.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 16.4"||942.15 mi||West||0° 04' 48.6"||5.52 mi||South||941.93 mi|
|24 hours||14° 07' 45.7"||923.09 mi||East||1° 19' 58.7"||91.69 mi||South||923.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Callao||Mon 7:16 AM||1013 km||629 miles||547 nm||NE|
|Lima||Mon 7:16 AM||1018 km||632 miles||549 nm||NE|
|La Paz||Mon 8:16 AM||1606 km||998 miles||867 nm||E|
|Sucre||Mon 8:16 AM||1868 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||E|
|Guayaquil||Mon 7:16 AM||1909 km||1186 miles||1031 nm||N|
|Rio Branco||Mon 8:16 AM||1928 km||1198 miles||1041 nm||ENE|
|Santiago *||Mon 9:16 AM||2001 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||SE|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 6:16 AM||2147 km||1334 miles||1159 nm||NNW|
|Quito||Mon 7:16 AM||2156 km||1340 miles||1164 nm||NNE|
|Córdoba||Mon 9:16 AM||2325 km||1445 miles||1255 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.