Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 4, 2013 at 1:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 13:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.97 meters/second, 1515.5 km/hour, 941.7 miles/hour or 818.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||South||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 11.1"||941.37 mi||West||0° 04' 37.7"||5.30 mi||South||941.16 mi|
|24 hours||14° 09' 27.6"||924.27 mi||East||1° 15' 14.0"||86.25 mi||South||924.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Mon 8:46 AM||984 km||612 miles||532 nm||SSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 7:46 AM||2617 km||1626 miles||1413 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Mon 5:46 AM||2696 km||1675 miles||1455 nm||WSW|
|Lima||Mon 8:46 AM||3063 km||1904 miles||1654 nm||E|
|Quito||Mon 8:46 AM||3550 km||2206 miles||1917 nm||ENE|
|Santiago *||Mon 10:46 AM||3714 km||2308 miles||2006 nm||ESE|
|La Paz||Mon 9:46 AM||3876 km||2408 miles||2093 nm||E|
|San Jose||Mon 7:46 AM||3944 km||2451 miles||2130 nm||NE|
|Managua||Mon 7:46 AM||4023 km||2499 miles||2172 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Mon 7:46 AM||4026 km||2501 miles||2174 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.