Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 4, 2013 at 2:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 14:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.87 meters/second, 1515.1 km/hour, 941.4 miles/hour or 818.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||South||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 09.4"||941.13 mi||West||0° 04' 34.1"||5.24 mi||South||940.92 mi|
|24 hours||14° 09' 58.4"||924.62 mi||East||1° 13' 45.0"||84.55 mi||South||924.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Mon 9:14 AM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Mon 6:14 AM||2029 km||1261 miles||1095 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 8:14 AM||3132 km||1946 miles||1691 nm||NE|
|Lima||Mon 9:14 AM||3762 km||2338 miles||2032 nm||E|
|Papeete||Mon 4:14 AM||4030 km||2504 miles||2176 nm||W|
|Quito||Mon 9:14 AM||4165 km||2588 miles||2249 nm||ENE|
|Santiago *||Mon 11:14 AM||4321 km||2685 miles||2333 nm||ESE|
|San Salvador||Mon 8:14 AM||4391 km||2728 miles||2371 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Mon 8:14 AM||4397 km||2732 miles||2374 nm||NNE|
|San Jose||Mon 8:14 AM||4411 km||2741 miles||2382 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.