Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 4, 2013 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.79 meters/second, 1514.8 km/hour, 941.3 miles/hour or 818.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||South||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 08.4"||940.96 mi||West||0° 04' 31.6"||5.19 mi||South||940.76 mi|
|24 hours||14° 10' 20.3"||924.87 mi||East||1° 12' 41.3"||83.33 mi||South||925.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Mon 9:34 AM||1105 km||686 miles||597 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Mon 6:34 AM||1565 km||973 miles||845 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Mon 4:34 AM||3525 km||2191 miles||1904 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 8:34 AM||3548 km||2204 miles||1916 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Mon 9:34 AM||4265 km||2650 miles||2303 nm||E|
|Rarotonga||Mon 4:34 AM||4543 km||2823 miles||2453 nm||W|
|Quito||Mon 9:34 AM||4624 km||2873 miles||2497 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City||Mon 8:34 AM||4678 km||2907 miles||2526 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Mon 8:34 AM||4694 km||2917 miles||2535 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Mon 8:34 AM||4705 km||2924 miles||2541 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.