Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 4, 2013 at 2:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.75 meters/second, 1514.7 km/hour, 941.2 miles/hour or 817.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||South||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 07.8"||940.88 mi||West||0° 04' 30.5"||5.17 mi||South||940.67 mi|
|24 hours||14° 10' 31.3"||925.00 mi||East||1° 12' 09.2"||82.72 mi||South||925.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Mon 9:44 AM||1274 km||792 miles||688 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Mon 6:44 AM||1342 km||834 miles||724 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Mon 4:44 AM||3273 km||2034 miles||1767 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 8:44 AM||3765 km||2340 miles||2033 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 4:44 AM||4294 km||2668 miles||2318 nm||W|
|Lima||Mon 9:44 AM||4517 km||2806 miles||2439 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Mon 8:44 AM||4790 km||2976 miles||2586 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:44 AM||4843 km||3009 miles||2615 nm||WNW|
|Guatemala||Mon 8:44 AM||4858 km||3018 miles||2623 nm||NE|
|Quito||Mon 9:44 AM||4859 km||3019 miles||2624 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.