Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 4, 2013 at 3:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.57 meters/second, 1514.0 km/hour, 940.8 miles/hour or 817.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 05.0"||940.46 mi||West||0° 04' 24.2"||5.05 mi||South||940.26 mi|
|24 hours||14° 11' 25.0"||925.61 mi||East||1° 09' 29.3"||79.67 mi||South||925.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Mon 6:34 AM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Mon 7:34 AM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||S|
|Papeete||Mon 5:34 AM||2011 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Mon 10:34 AM||2331 km||1449 miles||1259 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 5:34 AM||3048 km||1894 miles||1646 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:34 AM||3754 km||2333 miles||2027 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Mon 4:34 AM||4123 km||2562 miles||2227 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 5:34 AM||4425 km||2749 miles||2389 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 4:34 AM||4646 km||2887 miles||2509 nm||W|
|Suva||Tue 3:34 AM||5355 km||3327 miles||2891 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.