Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, February 4, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.57 meters/second, 1514.0 km/hour, 940.8 miles/hour or 817.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.68 mi||west||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||south||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 05.0"||940.46 mi||west||0° 04' 24.2"||5.05 mi||south||940.26 mi|
|24 hours||14° 11' 25.0"||925.61 mi||east||1° 09' 29.3"||79.67 mi||south||925.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Mon 6:34 AM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Mon 7:34 AM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||S|
|Papeete||Mon 5:34 AM||2012 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Mon 10:34 AM||2331 km||1449 miles||1259 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 5:34 AM||3048 km||1894 miles||1646 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:34 AM||3754 km||2333 miles||2027 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Mon 4:34 AM||4123 km||2562 miles||2226 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 5:34 AM||4425 km||2749 miles||2389 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 4:34 AM||4646 km||2887 miles||2509 nm||W|
|Suva||Tue 3:34 AM||5355 km||3327 miles||2891 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.