Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 4, 2013 at 3:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 15:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.53 meters/second, 1513.9 km/hour, 940.7 miles/hour or 817.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 04.4"||940.38 mi||West||0° 04' 23.0"||5.02 mi||South||940.18 mi|
|24 hours||14° 11' 35.5"||925.74 mi||East||1° 08' 57.3"||79.06 mi||South||925.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Mon 6:44 AM||453 km||282 miles||245 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Mon 7:44 AM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Mon 5:44 AM||1760 km||1093 miles||950 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Mon 10:44 AM||2561 km||1591 miles||1383 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 5:44 AM||2798 km||1739 miles||1511 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:44 AM||3554 km||2209 miles||1919 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Mon 4:44 AM||3872 km||2406 miles||2091 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 5:44 AM||4172 km||2593 miles||2253 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:44 AM||4256 km||2645 miles||2298 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 4:44 AM||4397 km||2732 miles||2374 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.