Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, February 4, 2013 at 16:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 16:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.35 meters/second, 1513.3 km/hour, 940.3 miles/hour or 817.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.67 mi||west||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||south||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 01.6"||939.98 mi||west||0° 04' 16.6"||4.90 mi||south||939.78 mi|
|24 hours||14° 12' 27.9"||926.33 mi||east||1° 06' 16.4"||75.98 mi||south||926.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 6:34 AM||527 km||328 miles||285 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 6:34 AM||1550 km||963 miles||837 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Mon 8:34 AM||1655 km||1028 miles||894 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Mon 5:34 AM||2614 km||1624 miles||1411 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Tue 6:34 AM||2722 km||1691 miles||1470 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Tue 6:34 AM||2917 km||1813 miles||1575 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 5:34 AM||3035 km||1886 miles||1639 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 5:34 AM||3151 km||1958 miles||1701 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Mon 11:34 AM||3733 km||2319 miles||2016 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Tue 4:34 AM||3848 km||2391 miles||2078 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.