Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 4, 2013 at 4:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 16:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.35 meters/second, 1513.3 km/hour, 940.3 miles/hour or 817.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 01.6"||939.98 mi||West||0° 04' 16.6"||4.90 mi||South||939.78 mi|
|24 hours||14° 12' 27.9"||926.33 mi||East||1° 06' 16.4"||75.98 mi||South||926.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 6:34 AM||527 km||328 miles||285 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 6:34 AM||1550 km||963 miles||837 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Mon 8:34 AM||1655 km||1028 miles||894 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Mon 5:34 AM||2614 km||1624 miles||1411 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Tue 6:34 AM||2722 km||1691 miles||1470 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Tue 6:34 AM||2917 km||1813 miles||1575 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 5:34 AM||3035 km||1886 miles||1639 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 5:34 AM||3151 km||1958 miles||1701 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Mon 11:34 AM||3733 km||2319 miles||2016 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Tue 4:34 AM||3848 km||2391 miles||2078 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.