Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, February 4, 2013 at 18:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 37%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.96 meters/second, 1511.8 km/hour, 939.4 miles/hour or 816.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.66 mi||west||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||south||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 55.4"||939.09 mi||west||0° 04' 02.3"||4.63 mi||south||938.90 mi|
|24 hours||14° 14' 21.9"||927.63 mi||east||1° 00' 10.4"||68.99 mi||south||927.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Neiafu||Tue 7:26 AM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||WNW|
|Pangai||Tue 7:26 AM||225 km||140 miles||122 nm||W|
|Alofi||Mon 7:26 AM||250 km||155 miles||135 nm||ENE|
|Nukualofa||Tue 7:26 AM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||WSW|
|Pago Pago||Mon 7:26 AM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Tue 8:26 AM||646 km||402 miles||349 nm||N|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Tue 8:26 AM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||N|
|Suva||Tue 6:26 AM||1001 km||622 miles||540 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 7:26 AM||1143 km||710 miles||617 nm||N|
|Rarotonga||Mon 8:26 AM||1309 km||813 miles||707 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.