Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, February 4, 2013 at 18:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 37%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.96 meters/second, 1511.9 km/hour, 939.4 miles/hour or 816.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.66 mi||west||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||south||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 55.5"||939.10 mi||west||0° 04' 02.4"||4.63 mi||south||938.91 mi|
|24 hours||14° 14' 20.7"||927.62 mi||east||1° 00' 14.0"||69.06 mi||south||927.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Mon 7:26 AM||223 km||139 miles||120 nm||ENE|
|Neiafu||Tue 7:26 AM||242 km||150 miles||131 nm||WNW|
|Pangai||Tue 7:26 AM||253 km||157 miles||137 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 7:26 AM||377 km||235 miles||204 nm||WSW|
|Pago Pago||Mon 7:26 AM||611 km||380 miles||330 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Tue 8:26 AM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||N|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Tue 8:26 AM||656 km||407 miles||354 nm||N|
|Suva||Tue 6:26 AM||1029 km||639 miles||555 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 7:26 AM||1141 km||709 miles||616 nm||N|
|Rarotonga||Mon 8:26 AM||1281 km||796 miles||692 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.