Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 4, 2013 at 6:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 37%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.96 meters/second, 1511.9 km/hour, 939.4 miles/hour or 816.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 55.5"||939.10 mi||West||0° 04' 02.4"||4.63 mi||South||938.91 mi|
|24 hours||14° 14' 20.7"||927.62 mi||East||1° 00' 14.0"||69.06 mi||South||927.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Mon 7:26 AM||223 km||138 miles||120 nm||ENE|
|Neiafu||Tue 7:26 AM||242 km||150 miles||131 nm||WNW|
|Pangai||Tue 7:26 AM||253 km||157 miles||137 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 7:26 AM||377 km||235 miles||204 nm||WSW|
|Pago Pago||Mon 7:26 AM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Tue 8:26 AM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||N|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Tue 8:26 AM||656 km||407 miles||354 nm||N|
|Mata-Utu||Tue 6:26 AM||835 km||519 miles||451 nm||NNW|
|Labasa||Tue 6:26 AM||986 km||613 miles||533 nm||WNW|
|Suva||Tue 6:26 AM||1029 km||639 miles||555 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.