Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 4, 2013 at 8:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.53 meters/second, 1510.3 kilometres/hour, 938.5 miles/hour or 815.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 48.7"||938.15 mi||West||0° 03' 46.0"||4.32 mi||South||937.97 mi|
|24 hours||14° 16' 22.4"||929.00 mi||East||0° 53' 16.0"||61.07 mi||South||928.38 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brisbane||Tue 6:34 AM||955 km||594 miles||516 nm||SSW|
|Noumea||Tue 7:34 AM||988 km||614 miles||534 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Tue 7:34 AM||1182 km||734 miles||638 nm||NNE|
|Port Vila||Tue 7:34 AM||1182 km||735 miles||638 nm||E|
|Cairns||Tue 6:34 AM||1259 km||782 miles||680 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 6:34 AM||1579 km||981 miles||853 nm||NW|
|Sydney *||Tue 7:34 AM||1671 km||1039 miles||903 nm||SSW|
|Canberra *||Tue 7:34 AM||1895 km||1177 miles||1023 nm||SSW|
|Suva||Tue 8:34 AM||2230 km||1386 miles||1204 nm||E|
|Melbourne *||Tue 7:34 AM||2327 km||1446 miles||1257 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.