Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 4, 2013 at 9:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 21:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.34 meters/second, 1509.6 km/hour, 938.0 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 45.5"||937.72 mi||West||0° 03' 38.2"||4.17 mi||South||937.55 mi|
|24 hours||14° 17' 16.4"||929.61 mi||East||0° 49' 58.9"||57.31 mi||South||928.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Tue 7:34 AM||445 km||277 miles||241 nm||NE|
|Tennant Creek||Tue 7:04 AM||912 km||567 miles||493 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Tue 7:04 AM||1024 km||636 miles||553 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 7:34 AM||1241 km||771 miles||670 nm||NNE|
|Brisbane||Tue 7:34 AM||1333 km||828 miles||720 nm||SE|
|Darwin||Tue 7:04 AM||1526 km||948 miles||824 nm||WNW|
|Adelaide *||Tue 8:04 AM||1722 km||1070 miles||930 nm||SSW|
|Sydney *||Tue 8:34 AM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||SSE|
|Canberra *||Tue 8:34 AM||1815 km||1128 miles||980 nm||SSE|
|Eucla||Tue 6:19 AM||1917 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.