Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 4, 2013 at 9:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 21:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.29 meters/second, 1509.4 km/hour, 937.9 miles/hour or 815.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 44.7"||937.60 mi||West||0° 03' 35.9"||4.13 mi||South||937.43 mi|
|24 hours||14° 17' 32.4"||929.79 mi||East||0° 48' 59.5"||56.17 mi||South||929.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Isa||Tue 7:52 AM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||SE|
|Tennant Creek||Tue 7:22 AM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Tue 7:22 AM||643 km||400 miles||347 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Tue 7:52 AM||829 km||515 miles||447 nm||ENE|
|Darwin||Tue 7:22 AM||1164 km||723 miles||628 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 7:52 AM||1480 km||919 miles||799 nm||NE|
|Eucla||Tue 6:37 AM||1627 km||1011 miles||878 nm||SW|
|Adelaide *||Tue 8:22 AM||1668 km||1036 miles||900 nm||S|
|Brisbane||Tue 7:52 AM||1695 km||1054 miles||915 nm||ESE|
|Dili||Tue 6:52 AM||1878 km||1167 miles||1014 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.