Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, February 4, 2013 at 21:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 21:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.28 meters/second, 1509.4 km/hour, 937.9 miles/hour or 815.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.63 mi||west||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||south||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 44.6"||937.65 mi||west||0° 03' 35.7"||4.12 mi||south||937.49 mi|
|24 hours||14° 17' 33.3"||929.87 mi||east||0° 48' 55.8"||56.11 mi||south||929.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Isa||Tue 7:52 AM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||SE|
|Tennant Creek||Tue 7:22 AM||432 km||268 miles||233 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Tue 7:22 AM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Tue 7:52 AM||855 km||531 miles||462 nm||ENE|
|Darwin||Tue 7:22 AM||1144 km||711 miles||618 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 7:52 AM||1498 km||931 miles||809 nm||NE|
|Eucla||Tue 6:37 AM||1611 km||1001 miles||870 nm||SSW|
|Adelaide *||Tue 8:22 AM||1669 km||1037 miles||901 nm||S|
|Brisbane||Tue 7:52 AM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||ESE|
|Dili||Tue 6:52 AM||1857 km||1154 miles||1003 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.