Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 2:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 02:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.45 meters/second, 1506.4 km/hour, 936.1 miles/hour or 813.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 30.6"||935.73 mi||West||0° 02' 57.3"||3.39 mi||South||935.59 mi|
|24 hours||14° 21' 26.5"||932.41 mi||East||0° 32' 48.4"||37.61 mi||South||931.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Mathurin (Rodrigues)||Tue 6:44 AM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||W|
|Port Louis||Tue 6:44 AM||1144 km||711 miles||617 nm||W|
|Saint-Denis||Tue 6:44 AM||1356 km||843 miles||732 nm||W|
|Diego Garcia||Tue 8:44 AM||1485 km||923 miles||802 nm||NNE|
|Amsterdam Island||Tue 7:44 AM||2146 km||1334 miles||1159 nm||SSE|
|Antananarivo||Tue 5:44 AM||2198 km||1366 miles||1187 nm||W|
|Victoria||Tue 6:44 AM||2220 km||1380 miles||1199 nm||NW|
|Male||Tue 7:44 AM||2747 km||1707 miles||1483 nm||NNE|
|Moroni||Tue 5:44 AM||2849 km||1770 miles||1538 nm||WNW|
|Port-aux-Francais||Tue 7:44 AM||3244 km||2015 miles||1751 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.