Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 8:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 08:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.67 meters/second, 1503.6 km/hour, 934.3 miles/hour or 811.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.57 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||South||15.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 16.4"||933.97 mi||West||0° 02' 11.2"||2.51 mi||South||933.87 mi|
|24 hours||14° 25' 00.4"||934.76 mi||East||0° 13' 39.9"||15.67 mi||South||934.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Tue 8:24 AM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||ENE|
|Monrovia||Tue 8:24 AM||2967 km||1843 miles||1602 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Tue 8:24 AM||3017 km||1875 miles||1629 nm||NNE|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Tue 6:24 AM||3111 km||1933 miles||1680 nm||W|
|Luanda||Tue 9:24 AM||3115 km||1936 miles||1682 nm||ENE|
|Yamoussoukro||Tue 8:24 AM||3133 km||1947 miles||1692 nm||NNE|
|Windhoek *||Tue 10:24 AM||3142 km||1952 miles||1697 nm||E|
|São Tomé||Tue 8:24 AM||3159 km||1963 miles||1706 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Tue 8:24 AM||3195 km||1985 miles||1725 nm||N|
|Accra||Tue 8:24 AM||3203 km||1990 miles||1729 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.