Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 8:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.65 meters/second, 1503.5 km/hour, 934.3 miles/hour or 811.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.57 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 16.1"||933.93 mi||West||0° 02' 09.9"||2.48 mi||South||933.82 mi|
|24 hours||14° 25' 05.7"||934.82 mi||East||0° 13' 05.8"||15.02 mi||South||934.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Tue 8:34 AM||1157 km||719 miles||625 nm||ENE|
|Recife||Tue 5:34 AM||2486 km||1545 miles||1342 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Tue 5:34 AM||2571 km||1598 miles||1388 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Tue 6:34 AM||2864 km||1780 miles||1547 nm||W|
|Monrovia||Tue 8:34 AM||3002 km||1865 miles||1621 nm||N|
|Fortaleza||Tue 5:34 AM||3094 km||1923 miles||1671 nm||WNW|
|Abidjan||Tue 8:34 AM||3115 km||1935 miles||1682 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Tue 8:34 AM||3206 km||1992 miles||1731 nm||N|
|Yamoussoukro||Tue 8:34 AM||3216 km||1999 miles||1737 nm||NNE|
|São Paulo *||Tue 6:34 AM||3217 km||1999 miles||1737 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.