Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.05 meters/second, 1501.4 km/hour, 932.9 miles/hour or 810.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.55 mi||West||0° 00' 01.3"||0.03 mi||South||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 03.7"||932.60 mi||West||0° 01' 19.8"||1.53 mi||South||932.54 mi|
|24 hours||14° 27' 37.1"||936.44 mi||East||0° 07' 24.4"||8.49 mi||North||936.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Tue 9:34 AM||1035 km||643 miles||559 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 8:34 AM||2563 km||1592 miles||1384 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Tue 9:34 AM||2827 km||1757 miles||1527 nm||ENE|
|Adamstown||Tue 6:34 AM||2920 km||1814 miles||1576 nm||WSW|
|Santiago *||Tue 11:34 AM||3405 km||2116 miles||1839 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Tue 9:34 AM||3409 km||2118 miles||1841 nm||NE|
|La Paz||Tue 10:34 AM||3600 km||2237 miles||1944 nm||E|
|Rio Branco||Tue 10:34 AM||3846 km||2390 miles||2077 nm||ENE|
|Sucre||Tue 10:34 AM||3847 km||2390 miles||2077 nm||E|
|San Jose||Tue 8:34 AM||3905 km||2427 miles||2109 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.