Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 3:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 03:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.64 meters/second, 1499.9 km/hour, 932.0 miles/hour or 809.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.53 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||North||15.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 47.7"||931.68 mi||West||0° 00' 31.2"||0.60 mi||North||931.70 mi|
|24 hours||14° 28' 37.7"||936.89 mi||East||0° 51' 59.5"||59.61 mi||North||941.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Mathurin (Rodrigues)||Wed 7:34 AM||779 km||484 miles||421 nm||W|
|Port Louis||Wed 7:34 AM||1389 km||863 miles||750 nm||W|
|Diego Garcia||Wed 9:34 AM||1492 km||927 miles||805 nm||N|
|Saint-Denis||Wed 7:34 AM||1597 km||993 miles||862 nm||W|
|Amsterdam Island||Wed 8:34 AM||2006 km||1246 miles||1083 nm||SSE|
|Victoria||Wed 7:34 AM||2433 km||1512 miles||1313 nm||NW|
|Antananarivo||Wed 6:34 AM||2444 km||1519 miles||1320 nm||W|
|Male||Wed 8:34 AM||2766 km||1719 miles||1494 nm||N|
|Moroni||Wed 6:34 AM||3103 km||1928 miles||1675 nm||WNW|
|Port-aux-Francais||Wed 8:34 AM||3180 km||1976 miles||1717 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.