Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 4:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 04:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.66 meters/second, 1500.0 km/hour, 932.0 miles/hour or 809.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.53 mi||West||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||North||15.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 47.1"||931.72 mi||West||0° 00' 40.1"||0.77 mi||North||931.76 mi|
|24 hours||14° 28' 26.6"||936.74 mi||East||0° 55' 30.7"||63.65 mi||North||941.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint-Denis||Wed 8:36 AM||53 km||33 miles||29 nm||WSW|
|Saint-Paul||Wed 8:36 AM||77 km||48 miles||41 nm||WSW|
|Saint-Pierre||Wed 8:36 AM||86 km||54 miles||47 nm||SSW|
|Port Louis||Wed 8:36 AM||174 km||108 miles||94 nm||ENE|
|Toamasina||Wed 7:36 AM||739 km||459 miles||399 nm||WNW|
|Port Mathurin (Rodrigues)||Wed 8:36 AM||792 km||492 miles||427 nm||E|
|Antananarivo||Wed 7:36 AM||901 km||560 miles||487 nm||W|
|Antsirabe||Wed 7:36 AM||933 km||580 miles||504 nm||W|
|Moroni||Wed 7:36 AM||1678 km||1043 miles||906 nm||NW|
|Victoria||Wed 8:36 AM||1777 km||1104 miles||960 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.