Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 19:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 19:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.71 meters/second, 1521.7 km/hour, 945.6 miles/hour or 821.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.76 mi||west||0° 00' 06.0"||0.11 mi||north||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 33.1"||945.31 mi||west||0° 06' 03.6"||6.95 mi||north||945.62 mi|
|24 hours||13° 56' 13.1"||914.35 mi||east||2° 57' 36.8"||203.57 mi||north||944.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Thu 9:44 AM||210 km||131 miles||113 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 9:44 AM||1285 km||798 miles||694 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Thu 11:44 AM||1973 km||1226 miles||1065 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Thu 8:44 AM||2326 km||1445 miles||1256 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Fri 9:44 AM||2480 km||1541 miles||1339 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Fri 9:44 AM||2607 km||1620 miles||1408 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 8:44 AM||2717 km||1688 miles||1467 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 8:44 AM||2877 km||1787 miles||1553 nm||W|
|Suva||Fri 7:44 AM||3560 km||2212 miles||1922 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Fri 7:44 AM||3724 km||2314 miles||2011 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.