Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 7:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 19:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.70 meters/second, 1521.7 km/hour, 945.6 miles/hour or 821.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.11 mi||North||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 32.9"||945.30 mi||West||0° 06' 03.6"||6.95 mi||North||945.61 mi|
|24 hours||13° 56' 14.7"||914.37 mi||East||2° 57' 33.8"||203.51 mi||North||944.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Thu 9:44 AM||235 km||146 miles||127 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 9:44 AM||1312 km||815 miles||708 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Thu 11:44 AM||1947 km||1210 miles||1051 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Thu 8:44 AM||2354 km||1463 miles||1271 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Fri 9:44 AM||2492 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Fri 9:44 AM||2635 km||1637 miles||1423 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 8:44 AM||2741 km||1703 miles||1480 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 8:44 AM||2904 km||1805 miles||1568 nm||W|
|Suva||Fri 7:44 AM||3588 km||2230 miles||1937 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Fri 7:44 AM||3754 km||2333 miles||2027 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.