Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 11:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 23:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.69 meters/second, 1525.3 kilometres/hour, 947.8 miles/hour or 823.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||North||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 43.3"||947.53 mi||West||0° 06' 30.2"||7.45 mi||North||947.85 mi|
|24 hours||13° 51' 20.2"||910.96 mi||East||3° 07' 03.7"||214.38 mi||North||943.26 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luganville||Fri 10:20 AM||764 km||475 miles||412 nm||ENE|
|Noumea||Fri 10:20 AM||770 km||478 miles||415 nm||SE|
|Port Vila||Fri 10:20 AM||825 km||513 miles||445 nm||E|
|Honiara||Fri 10:20 AM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||N|
|Brisbane||Fri 9:20 AM||1291 km||802 miles||697 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Fri 9:20 AM||1573 km||977 miles||849 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Fri 9:20 AM||1732 km||1076 miles||935 nm||WNW|
|Suva||Fri 11:20 AM||1892 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||E|
|Sydney *||Fri 10:20 AM||1976 km||1228 miles||1067 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Fri 11:20 AM||2065 km||1283 miles||1115 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.