Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 8, 2013 at 5:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 8, 2013 at 05:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.50 meters/second, 1531.8 km/hour, 951.8 miles/hour or 827.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 02.4"||951.59 mi||West||0° 07' 13.7"||8.29 mi||North||951.94 mi|
|24 hours||13° 42' 27.5"||904.77 mi||East||3° 22' 26.1"||231.98 mi||North||941.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Mathurin (Rodrigues)||Fri 9:30 AM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||WSW|
|Diego Garcia||Fri 11:30 AM||1122 km||697 miles||606 nm||N|
|Port Louis||Fri 9:30 AM||1522 km||946 miles||822 nm||WSW|
|Saint-Denis||Fri 9:30 AM||1746 km||1085 miles||943 nm||WSW|
|Victoria||Fri 9:30 AM||2263 km||1406 miles||1222 nm||NW|
|Amsterdam Island||Fri 10:30 AM||2331 km||1449 miles||1259 nm||SSE|
|Male||Fri 10:30 AM||2397 km||1489 miles||1294 nm||N|
|Antananarivo||Fri 8:30 AM||2556 km||1588 miles||1380 nm||W|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Fri 11:00 AM||2838 km||1763 miles||1532 nm||NNE|
|Moroni||Fri 8:30 AM||3121 km||1939 miles||1685 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.