Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 8, 2013 at 11:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 8, 2013 at 11:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.32 meters/second, 1538.4 km/hour, 955.9 miles/hour or 830.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 22.3"||955.68 mi||West||0° 07' 52.7"||9.03 mi||North||956.05 mi|
|24 hours||13° 33' 37.5"||898.55 mi||East||3° 35' 52.7"||247.38 mi||North||939.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Fri 11:20 AM||726 km||451 miles||392 nm||E|
|Monrovia||Fri 11:20 AM||2551 km||1585 miles||1377 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Fri 11:20 AM||2606 km||1619 miles||1407 nm||NNE|
|Recife||Fri 8:20 AM||2617 km||1626 miles||1413 nm||WNW|
|Yamoussoukro||Fri 11:20 AM||2718 km||1689 miles||1467 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Fri 11:20 AM||2786 km||1731 miles||1504 nm||N|
|Accra||Fri 11:20 AM||2805 km||1743 miles||1515 nm||NNE|
|São Tomé||Fri 11:20 AM||2826 km||1756 miles||1526 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Fri 11:20 AM||2901 km||1802 miles||1566 nm||N|
|Luanda||Fri 12:20 PM||2919 km||1814 miles||1576 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.