Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 8, 2013 at 1:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 8, 2013 at 13:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.10 meters/second, 1541.1 km/hour, 957.6 miles/hour or 832.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 31.0"||957.41 mi||West||0° 08' 07.8"||9.32 mi||North||957.78 mi|
|24 hours||13° 29' 53.8"||895.91 mi||East||3° 41' 05.5"||253.34 mi||North||938.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brasilia *||Fri 11:44 AM||107 km||66 miles||58 nm||NW|
|Anápolis *||Fri 11:44 AM||200 km||124 miles||108 nm||W|
|Goiânia *||Fri 11:44 AM||235 km||146 miles||127 nm||W|
|Belo Horizonte *||Fri 11:44 AM||514 km||320 miles||278 nm||SE|
|Barra do Garças||Fri 10:44 AM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||W|
|Pirassununga *||Fri 11:44 AM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||S|
|Guarulhos *||Fri 11:44 AM||786 km||489 miles||425 nm||S|
|São Paulo *||Fri 11:44 AM||796 km||495 miles||430 nm||S|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Fri 11:44 AM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||SSE|
|Salvador||Fri 10:44 AM||999 km||621 miles||539 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.