Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 8, 2013 at 6:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 8, 2013 at 18:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.60 meters/second, 1546.6 km/hour, 961.0 miles/hour or 835.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 48.0"||960.79 mi||West||0° 08' 35.8"||9.85 mi||North||961.18 mi|
|24 hours||13° 22' 38.7"||890.73 mi||East||3° 50' 32.5"||264.15 mi||North||936.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Fri 1:20 PM||1327 km||824 miles||716 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Fri 10:20 AM||2020 km||1255 miles||1090 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 12:20 PM||3090 km||1920 miles||1668 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Fri 8:20 AM||3853 km||2394 miles||2080 nm||W|
|Lima||Fri 1:20 PM||3951 km||2455 miles||2134 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Fri 12:20 PM||4193 km||2605 miles||2264 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 12:20 PM||4197 km||2608 miles||2266 nm||NE|
|Quito||Fri 1:20 PM||4204 km||2612 miles||2270 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Fri 12:20 PM||4209 km||2616 miles||2273 nm||NE|
|Managua||Fri 12:20 PM||4298 km||2671 miles||2321 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.