Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 8, 2013 at 7:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 8, 2013 at 19:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.93 meters/second, 1547.8 km/hour, 961.7 miles/hour or 835.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||16.03 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.17 mi||North||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 51.9"||961.53 mi||West||0° 08' 41.7"||9.97 mi||North||961.92 mi|
|24 hours||13° 21' 03.2"||889.59 mi||East||3° 52' 30.1"||266.40 mi||North||935.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 11:20 AM||1075 km||668 miles||580 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 2:20 PM||2301 km||1430 miles||1243 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Fri 9:20 AM||2323 km||1444 miles||1255 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 9:20 AM||3422 km||2126 miles||1848 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 9:20 AM||3774 km||2345 miles||2038 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Fri 8:20 AM||4476 km||2781 miles||2417 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 9:20 AM||4723 km||2935 miles||2550 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Fri 1:20 PM||4990 km||3101 miles||2695 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 8:20 AM||5022 km||3120 miles||2711 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 9:20 AM||5233 km||3252 miles||2826 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.