Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 8, 2013 at 7:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 8, 2013 at 19:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.01 meters/second, 1548.0 km/hour, 961.9 miles/hour or 835.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||16.03 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 52.7"||961.71 mi||West||0° 08' 43.0"||9.99 mi||North||962.10 mi|
|24 hours||13° 20' 40.9"||889.32 mi||East||3° 52' 57.4"||266.91 mi||North||935.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Fri 10:34 AM||925 km||575 miles||499 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 11:34 AM||1060 km||658 miles||572 nm||S|
|Papeete||Fri 9:34 AM||1967 km||1222 miles||1062 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 2:34 PM||2600 km||1616 miles||1404 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 9:34 AM||3075 km||1911 miles||1660 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 9:34 AM||3458 km||2149 miles||1867 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Fri 8:34 AM||4122 km||2561 miles||2226 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 9:34 AM||4363 km||2711 miles||2356 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 8:34 AM||4391 km||2729 miles||2371 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 8:34 AM||4673 km||2904 miles||2523 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.