Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 8, 2013 at 7:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 8, 2013 at 19:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.07 meters/second, 1548.2 km/hour, 962.0 miles/hour or 836.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.03 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 53.4"||961.83 mi||West||0° 08' 44.1"||10.01 mi||North||962.22 mi|
|24 hours||13° 20' 25.0"||889.13 mi||East||3° 53' 16.7"||267.28 mi||North||935.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Fri 10:44 AM||853 km||530 miles||460 nm||S|
|Taiohae||Fri 10:14 AM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Fri 11:44 AM||1118 km||695 miles||604 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Fri 9:44 AM||1713 km||1064 miles||925 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 2:44 PM||2821 km||1753 miles||1523 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 9:44 AM||2829 km||1758 miles||1527 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 9:44 AM||3241 km||2014 miles||1750 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 8:44 AM||3869 km||2404 miles||2089 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 9:44 AM||4105 km||2551 miles||2217 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 8:44 AM||4134 km||2569 miles||2232 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.