Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 8, 2013 at 7:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 8, 2013 at 19:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.12 meters/second, 1548.4 km/hour, 962.2 miles/hour or 836.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 54.0"||961.96 mi||West||0° 08' 45.0"||10.03 mi||North||962.35 mi|
|24 hours||13° 20' 09.0"||888.94 mi||East||3° 53' 36.0"||267.65 mi||North||935.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 10:24 AM||812 km||504 miles||438 nm||NNW|
|Gambier Islands||Fri 10:54 AM||852 km||529 miles||460 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Fri 11:54 AM||1227 km||762 miles||662 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Fri 9:54 AM||1459 km||907 miles||788 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 9:54 AM||2583 km||1605 miles||1395 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 9:54 AM||3030 km||1883 miles||1636 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 2:54 PM||3045 km||1892 miles||1644 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Fri 8:54 AM||3617 km||2247 miles||1953 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 9:54 AM||3848 km||2391 miles||2077 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 8:54 AM||3877 km||2409 miles||2093 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.