Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 8, 2013 at 19:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 8, 2013 at 19:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.12 meters/second, 1548.4 km/hour, 962.2 miles/hour or 836.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.04 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||north||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 54.0"||961.96 mi||west||0° 08' 45.0"||10.03 mi||north||962.35 mi|
|24 hours||13° 20' 09.0"||888.94 mi||east||3° 53' 36.0"||267.65 mi||north||935.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 10:24 AM||812 km||504 miles||438 nm||NNW|
|Gambier Islands||Fri 10:54 AM||852 km||529 miles||460 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Fri 11:54 AM||1227 km||762 miles||662 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Fri 9:54 AM||1460 km||907 miles||788 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 9:54 AM||2583 km||1605 miles||1395 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 9:54 AM||3030 km||1883 miles||1636 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 2:54 PM||3045 km||1892 miles||1644 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Fri 8:54 AM||3617 km||2247 miles||1953 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 9:54 AM||3848 km||2391 miles||2077 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 8:54 AM||3880 km||2411 miles||2095 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.