Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 8, 2013 at 8:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 8, 2013 at 20:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.40 meters/second, 1549.4 km/hour, 962.8 miles/hour or 836.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.05 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.05 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 57.3"||962.58 mi||West||0° 08' 49.8"||10.12 mi||North||962.97 mi|
|24 hours||13° 18' 49.1"||887.98 mi||East||3° 55' 11.4"||269.47 mi||North||935.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 10:44 AM||286 km||177 miles||154 nm||SSW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 10:44 AM||412 km||256 miles||223 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 10:44 AM||1395 km||867 miles||753 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 12:44 PM||2159 km||1342 miles||1166 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 10:44 AM||2163 km||1344 miles||1168 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Fri 9:44 AM||2356 km||1464 miles||1272 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 10:44 AM||2557 km||1589 miles||1381 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 9:44 AM||2599 km||1615 miles||1404 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 9:44 AM||2934 km||1823 miles||1584 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 8:44 AM||3567 km||2216 miles||1926 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.