Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 8, 2013 at 10:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 8, 2013 at 22:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.93 meters/second, 1551.4 km/hour, 964.0 miles/hour or 837.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 03.4"||963.78 mi||West||0° 08' 58.8"||10.29 mi||North||964.17 mi|
|24 hours||13° 16' 15.6"||886.13 mi||East||3° 58' 10.7"||272.89 mi||North||934.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pago Pago||Fri 11:20 AM||109 km||68 miles||59 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Sat 12:20 PM||159 km||99 miles||86 nm||NNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 12:20 PM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 11:20 AM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||SSE|
|Neiafu||Sat 11:20 AM||490 km||304 miles||264 nm||SW|
|Mata-Utu||Sat 10:20 AM||577 km||358 miles||311 nm||WNW|
|Pangai||Sat 11:20 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 11:20 AM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Sat 11:20 AM||788 km||489 miles||425 nm||SSW|
|Labasa||Sat 10:20 AM||1023 km||636 miles||552 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.