Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 12:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 00:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.62 meters/second, 1553.8 kilometres/hour, 965.5 miles/hour or 839.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 11.5"||965.33 mi||West||0° 09' 10.3"||10.51 mi||North||965.72 mi|
|24 hours||13° 12' 56.6"||883.72 mi||East||4° 01' 54.5"||277.16 mi||North||933.28 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sat 11:24 AM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||N|
|Gizo||Sat 11:24 AM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||NNW|
|Luganville||Sat 11:24 AM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Sat 11:24 AM||1046 km||650 miles||565 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Sat 11:24 AM||1137 km||707 miles||614 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 10:24 AM||1416 km||880 miles||765 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Sat 10:24 AM||1434 km||891 miles||774 nm||W|
|Brisbane||Sat 10:24 AM||1529 km||950 miles||826 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sat 12:24 PM||1805 km||1122 miles||975 nm||NNE|
|Suva||Sat 12:24 PM||2105 km||1308 miles||1137 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.