Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 3:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 03:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 432.61 meters/second, 1557.4 kilometres/hour, 967.7 miles/hour or 840.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.13 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||North||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 23.1"||967.53 mi||West||0° 09' 25.8"||10.80 mi||North||967.93 mi|
|24 hours||13° 08' 13.9"||880.28 mi||East||4° 06' 57.1"||282.92 mi||North||931.58 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mataram||Sat 11:20 AM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||N|
|Denpasar||Sat 11:20 AM||653 km||406 miles||353 nm||NNW|
|Raba||Sat 11:20 AM||687 km||427 miles||371 nm||NNE|
|Singaraja||Sat 11:20 AM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||NNW|
|Ende||Sat 11:20 AM||820 km||510 miles||443 nm||NE|
|Malang||Sat 10:20 AM||833 km||518 miles||450 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Sat 11:20 AM||888 km||552 miles||479 nm||ENE|
|Surabaya||Sat 10:20 AM||896 km||557 miles||484 nm||NNW|
|Surakarta||Sat 10:20 AM||986 km||613 miles||532 nm||NW|
|Semarang||Sat 10:20 AM||1066 km||662 miles||575 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.