Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 05:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 05:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.22 meters/second, 1559.6 km/hour, 969.1 miles/hour or 842.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.15 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 30.5"||968.92 mi||west||0° 09' 35.1"||10.98 mi||north||969.32 mi|
|24 hours||13° 05' 15.3"||878.09 mi||east||4° 09' 58.8"||286.39 mi||north||930.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bengkulu||Sat 12:10 PM||1772 km||1101 miles||957 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Sat 12:10 PM||2050 km||1274 miles||1107 nm||ENE|
|Diego Garcia||Sat 11:10 AM||2053 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||WNW|
|Bandung||Sat 12:10 PM||2092 km||1300 miles||1130 nm||ENE|
|Singapore||Sat 1:10 PM||2293 km||1425 miles||1238 nm||NE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Sat 1:10 PM||2308 km||1434 miles||1246 nm||NE|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Sat 10:40 AM||2569 km||1596 miles||1387 nm||NNW|
|Colombo||Sat 10:40 AM||2575 km||1600 miles||1390 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Sat 12:10 PM||2609 km||1621 miles||1408 nm||ENE|
|Pontianak||Sat 12:10 PM||2647 km||1645 miles||1429 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.