Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 05:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 05:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.28 meters/second, 1559.8 km/hour, 969.2 miles/hour or 842.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.15 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 31.2"||969.04 mi||west||0° 09' 36.0"||11.00 mi||north||969.44 mi|
|24 hours||13° 04' 59.4"||877.89 mi||east||4° 10' 14.9"||286.69 mi||north||930.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Diego Garcia||Sat 11:20 AM||1809 km||1124 miles||977 nm||WNW|
|Bengkulu||Sat 12:20 PM||1980 km||1230 miles||1069 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Sat 12:20 PM||2290 km||1423 miles||1236 nm||ENE|
|Bandung||Sat 12:20 PM||2337 km||1452 miles||1262 nm||ENE|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Sat 10:50 AM||2464 km||1531 miles||1330 nm||NNW|
|Kuala Lumpur||Sat 1:20 PM||2465 km||1532 miles||1331 nm||NE|
|Colombo||Sat 10:50 AM||2469 km||1534 miles||1333 nm||NNW|
|Singapore||Sat 1:20 PM||2477 km||1539 miles||1337 nm||NE|
|Male||Sat 10:20 AM||2541 km||1579 miles||1372 nm||NW|
|Amsterdam Island||Sat 10:20 AM||2806 km||1744 miles||1515 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.