Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 06:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 06:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.56 meters/second, 1560.8 km/hour, 969.8 miles/hour or 842.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.16 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 34.5"||969.73 mi||west||0° 09' 40.1"||11.08 mi||north||970.13 mi|
|24 hours||13° 03' 39.1"||876.96 mi||east||4° 11' 33.9"||288.22 mi||north||929.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Diego Garcia||Sat 12:10 PM||803 km||499 miles||433 nm||NNW|
|Male||Sat 11:10 AM||2014 km||1252 miles||1088 nm||N|
|Port Louis||Sat 10:10 AM||2031 km||1262 miles||1097 nm||WSW|
|Saint-Denis||Sat 10:10 AM||2258 km||1403 miles||1219 nm||WSW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Sat 11:40 AM||2355 km||1463 miles||1271 nm||NNE|
|Colombo||Sat 11:40 AM||2357 km||1464 miles||1273 nm||NNE|
|Victoria||Sat 10:10 AM||2425 km||1507 miles||1310 nm||WNW|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Sat 11:40 AM||2487 km||1545 miles||1343 nm||N|
|Amsterdam Island||Sat 11:10 AM||2652 km||1648 miles||1432 nm||S|
|Bangalore||Sat 11:40 AM||2984 km||1854 miles||1611 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.