Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 13:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 13:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.91 meters/second, 1569.3 km/hour, 975.1 miles/hour or 847.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.25 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||north||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 03.3"||974.95 mi||west||0° 10' 13.0"||11.71 mi||north||975.35 mi|
|24 hours||12° 52' 15.9"||868.39 mi||east||4° 21' 53.6"||300.00 mi||north||925.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Sat 10:20 AM||931 km||578 miles||502 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Sat 10:20 AM||1160 km||721 miles||626 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Sat 10:20 AM||1549 km||963 miles||836 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sat 11:20 AM||1981 km||1231 miles||1070 nm||SW|
|Brasilia *||Sat 11:20 AM||2192 km||1362 miles||1184 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo *||Sat 11:20 AM||2320 km||1442 miles||1253 nm||SW|
|Jamestown||Sat 1:20 PM||2407 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||E|
|Belém||Sat 10:20 AM||2601 km||1616 miles||1404 nm||WNW|
|Monrovia||Sat 1:20 PM||2825 km||1756 miles||1526 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Sat 1:20 PM||2848 km||1770 miles||1538 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.