Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 18:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 18:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.52 meters/second, 1575.1 km/hour, 978.7 miles/hour or 850.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.3"||16.31 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 23.6"||978.62 mi||west||0° 10' 33.5"||12.10 mi||north||979.01 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 24.9"||862.46 mi||east||4° 28' 05.1"||307.10 mi||north||921.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 12:20 PM||1698 km||1055 miles||917 nm||NE|
|Easter Island *||Sat 1:20 PM||1927 km||1198 miles||1041 nm||SSW|
|Guayaquil||Sat 1:20 PM||2496 km||1551 miles||1348 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Sat 1:20 PM||2537 km||1576 miles||1370 nm||E|
|Quito||Sat 1:20 PM||2735 km||1700 miles||1477 nm||ENE|
|San Jose||Sat 12:20 PM||3009 km||1870 miles||1625 nm||NE|
|Managua||Sat 12:20 PM||3080 km||1914 miles||1663 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Sat 12:20 PM||3085 km||1917 miles||1666 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sat 12:20 PM||3124 km||1941 miles||1687 nm||NNE|
|Tegucigalpa||Sat 12:20 PM||3216 km||1998 miles||1736 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.