Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 18:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 18:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.51 meters/second, 1575.0 km/hour, 978.7 miles/hour or 850.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.3"||16.31 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 23.5"||978.54 mi||west||0° 10' 33.5"||12.10 mi||north||978.93 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 26.8"||862.43 mi||east||4° 28' 03.8"||307.06 mi||north||921.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 12:20 PM||1678 km||1042 miles||906 nm||NE|
|Easter Island *||Sat 1:20 PM||1941 km||1206 miles||1048 nm||SSW|
|Guayaquil||Sat 1:20 PM||2469 km||1534 miles||1333 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Sat 1:20 PM||2508 km||1558 miles||1354 nm||E|
|Quito||Sat 1:20 PM||2709 km||1684 miles||1463 nm||ENE|
|San Jose||Sat 12:20 PM||2992 km||1859 miles||1616 nm||NE|
|Managua||Sat 12:20 PM||3065 km||1905 miles||1655 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Sat 12:20 PM||3074 km||1910 miles||1660 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sat 12:20 PM||3114 km||1935 miles||1681 nm||NNE|
|Tegucigalpa||Sat 12:20 PM||3203 km||1990 miles||1729 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.