Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 19:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 19:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.78 meters/second, 1576.0 km/hour, 979.3 miles/hour or 851.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.3"||16.32 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 26.9"||979.14 mi||west||0° 10' 36.8"||12.16 mi||north||979.53 mi|
|24 hours||12° 43' 07.7"||861.41 mi||east||4° 29' 01.9"||308.16 mi||north||920.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sat 2:10 PM||1728 km||1074 miles||933 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Sat 11:10 AM||2378 km||1478 miles||1284 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 1:10 PM||2788 km||1732 miles||1505 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City||Sat 1:10 PM||3741 km||2324 miles||2020 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sat 1:10 PM||3782 km||2350 miles||2042 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sat 1:10 PM||3804 km||2363 miles||2054 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sat 2:10 PM||3848 km||2391 miles||2078 nm||E|
|Managua||Sat 1:10 PM||3913 km||2432 miles||2113 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Sat 1:10 PM||3943 km||2450 miles||2129 nm||NE|
|Quito||Sat 2:10 PM||3955 km||2457 miles||2135 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.