Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 19:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 19:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.88 meters/second, 1576.4 km/hour, 979.5 miles/hour or 851.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.3"||16.33 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 28.3"||979.44 mi||west||0° 10' 38.0"||12.18 mi||north||979.83 mi|
|24 hours||12° 42' 37.0"||861.07 mi||east||4° 29' 24.0"||308.61 mi||north||920.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sat 2:30 PM||1893 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Sat 11:30 AM||2010 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 1:30 PM||3274 km||2034 miles||1768 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Sat 9:30 AM||3542 km||2201 miles||1912 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Sat 1:30 PM||3970 km||2467 miles||2144 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sat 1:30 PM||4136 km||2570 miles||2233 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sat 1:30 PM||4176 km||2595 miles||2255 nm||NE|
|Managua||Sat 1:30 PM||4317 km||2683 miles||2331 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Sat 1:30 PM||4365 km||2712 miles||2357 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sat 2:30 PM||4373 km||2717 miles||2361 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.