Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 7:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 19:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.95 meters/second, 1576.6 km/hour, 979.7 miles/hour or 851.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.33 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 29.1"||979.53 mi||West||0° 10' 38.9"||12.20 mi||North||979.91 mi|
|24 hours||12° 42' 17.2"||860.76 mi||East||4° 29' 38.3"||308.86 mi||North||920.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sat 11:44 AM||1809 km||1124 miles||977 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 2:44 PM||2059 km||1279 miles||1112 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sat 9:44 AM||3215 km||1998 miles||1736 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 1:44 PM||3594 km||2233 miles||1941 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City||Sat 1:44 PM||4147 km||2577 miles||2239 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 9:44 AM||4334 km||2693 miles||2340 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 9:44 AM||4361 km||2710 miles||2355 nm||WNW|
|Guatemala||Sat 1:44 PM||4384 km||2724 miles||2367 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sat 1:44 PM||4433 km||2754 miles||2394 nm||NE|
|Managua||Sat 1:44 PM||4591 km||2853 miles||2479 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.