Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 20:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 20:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.14 meters/second, 1577.3 km/hour, 980.1 miles/hour or 851.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.33 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||north||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 31.6"||979.94 mi||west||0° 10' 41.1"||12.24 mi||north||980.33 mi|
|24 hours||12° 41' 21.8"||860.05 mi||east||4° 30' 17.6"||309.60 mi||north||919.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sat 12:20 PM||1502 km||933 miles||811 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sat 10:20 AM||2314 km||1438 miles||1249 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 3:20 PM||2680 km||1666 miles||1447 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 10:20 AM||3452 km||2145 miles||1864 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 10:20 AM||3470 km||2156 miles||1874 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sat 9:20 AM||4464 km||2774 miles||2410 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 10:20 AM||4649 km||2889 miles||2510 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Sat 2:20 PM||4737 km||2944 miles||2558 nm||NE|
|Honolulu||Sat 10:20 AM||4814 km||2991 miles||2599 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 9:20 AM||5033 km||3128 miles||2718 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.