Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 01:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 01:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.61 meters/second, 1582.6 km/hour, 983.4 miles/hour or 854.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.39 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||north||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 51.0"||983.24 mi||west||0° 10' 58.0"||12.56 mi||north||983.61 mi|
|24 hours||12° 34' 01.5"||854.30 mi||east||4° 35' 08.0"||315.13 mi||north||915.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sun 12:10 PM||168 km||105 miles||91 nm||NW|
|Gizo||Sun 12:10 PM||524 km||325 miles||283 nm||WNW|
|Arawa||Sun 11:10 AM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||NW|
|Luganville||Sun 12:10 PM||870 km||541 miles||470 nm||SE|
|Buka||Sun 11:10 AM||894 km||555 miles||483 nm||NW|
|Port Vila||Sun 12:10 PM||1122 km||697 miles||606 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Sun 1:10 PM||1306 km||811 miles||705 nm||NNE|
|Noumea||Sun 12:10 PM||1416 km||880 miles||764 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 11:10 AM||1504 km||935 miles||812 nm||W|
|Cairns||Sun 11:10 AM||1770 km||1100 miles||956 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.