Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 1:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 01:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.60 meters/second, 1582.6 km/hour, 983.4 miles/hour or 854.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 51.0"||983.23 mi||West||0° 10' 57.9"||12.56 mi||North||983.60 mi|
|24 hours||12° 34' 03.2"||854.32 mi||East||4° 35' 06.9"||315.11 mi||North||915.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sun 12:10 PM||187 km||116 miles||101 nm||NW|
|Gizo||Sun 12:10 PM||549 km||341 miles||296 nm||WNW|
|Arawa||Sun 11:10 AM||785 km||488 miles||424 nm||NW|
|Luganville||Sun 12:10 PM||847 km||526 miles||457 nm||SE|
|Buka||Sun 11:10 AM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||NW|
|Port Vila||Sun 12:10 PM||1101 km||684 miles||595 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Sun 1:10 PM||1291 km||802 miles||697 nm||NNE|
|Noumea||Sun 12:10 PM||1403 km||872 miles||758 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 11:10 AM||1534 km||953 miles||828 nm||W|
|Cairns||Sun 11:10 AM||1797 km||1117 miles||970 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.