Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 1:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 01:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.65 meters/second, 1582.7 km/hour, 983.5 miles/hour or 854.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 51.6"||983.34 mi||West||0° 10' 58.5"||12.57 mi||North||983.71 mi|
|24 hours||12° 33' 48.3"||854.13 mi||East||4° 35' 16.1"||315.28 mi||North||915.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sun 12:20 PM||191 km||118 miles||103 nm||NE|
|Gizo||Sun 12:20 PM||347 km||216 miles||188 nm||NW|
|Arawa||Sun 11:20 AM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||NW|
|Buka||Sun 11:20 AM||728 km||452 miles||393 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Sun 11:20 AM||1270 km||789 miles||686 nm||W|
|Port Vila||Sun 12:20 PM||1300 km||808 miles||702 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Sun 1:20 PM||1439 km||894 miles||777 nm||NE|
|Cairns||Sun 11:20 AM||1561 km||970 miles||843 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Sun 12:20 PM||1943 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||N|
|Brisbane||Sun 11:20 AM||1956 km||1216 miles||1056 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.