Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 02:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 02:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.95 meters/second, 1583.8 km/hour, 984.1 miles/hour or 855.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.40 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 55.7"||984.01 mi||west||0° 11' 01.7"||12.63 mi||north||984.38 mi|
|24 hours||12° 32' 17.5"||852.93 mi||east||4° 36' 10.7"||316.32 mi||north||914.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Moresby||Sun 12:20 PM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||ENE|
|Mount Hagen||Sun 12:20 PM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||N|
|Lae||Sun 12:20 PM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||NE|
|Cairns||Sun 12:20 PM||742 km||461 miles||401 nm||SSE|
|Jayapura||Sun 11:20 AM||947 km||588 miles||511 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Sun 11:50 AM||1451 km||901 miles||783 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Sun 11:20 AM||1526 km||948 miles||824 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Sun 1:20 PM||1755 km||1091 miles||948 nm||E|
|Alice Springs||Sun 11:50 AM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||SW|
|Dili||Sun 11:20 AM||2031 km||1262 miles||1097 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.