Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 05:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 05:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.76 meters/second, 1586.7 km/hour, 986.0 miles/hour or 856.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.43 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 06.8"||985.90 mi||west||0° 11' 10.4"||12.80 mi||north||986.26 mi|
|24 hours||12° 28' 08.4"||849.67 mi||east||4° 38' 31.6"||319.03 mi||north||912.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Sun 12:10 PM||300 km||186 miles||162 nm||ESE|
|Serang||Sun 12:10 PM||547 km||340 miles||295 nm||NE|
|Bogor||Sun 12:10 PM||556 km||346 miles||300 nm||NE|
|Bandar Lampung||Sun 12:10 PM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Sun 12:10 PM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||NE|
|Bekasi||Sun 12:10 PM||601 km||374 miles||325 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Sun 12:10 PM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||ENE|
|Tasikmalaya||Sun 12:10 PM||648 km||402 miles||350 nm||ENE|
|Bengkulu||Sun 12:10 PM||683 km||425 miles||369 nm||N|
|Palembang||Sun 12:10 PM||792 km||492 miles||428 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.