Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 12:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 12:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.68 meters/second, 1593.6 km/hour, 990.2 miles/hour or 860.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.50 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 34.1"||990.13 mi||west||0° 11' 29.0"||13.15 mi||north||990.47 mi|
|24 hours||12° 18' 03.6"||841.38 mi||east||4° 43' 16.9"||324.43 mi||north||905.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sun 12:20 PM||994 km||618 miles||537 nm||SW|
|São Tomé||Sun 12:20 PM||1268 km||788 miles||685 nm||NE|
|Libreville||Sun 1:20 PM||1481 km||920 miles||800 nm||NE|
|Luanda||Sun 1:20 PM||1506 km||936 miles||813 nm||E|
|Accra||Sun 12:20 PM||1562 km||971 miles||844 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Sun 12:20 PM||1587 km||986 miles||857 nm||NNW|
|Lome||Sun 12:20 PM||1637 km||1017 miles||884 nm||N|
|Porto Novo||Sun 1:20 PM||1701 km||1057 miles||918 nm||NNE|
|Malabo||Sun 1:20 PM||1707 km||1061 miles||922 nm||NE|
|Lagos||Sun 1:20 PM||1715 km||1066 miles||926 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.