Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.24 meters/second, 1595.7 km/hour, 991.5 miles/hour or 861.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.52 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 42.6"||991.39 mi||west||0° 11' 34.0"||13.25 mi||north||991.72 mi|
|24 hours||12° 15' 00.8"||838.83 mi||east||4° 44' 26.4"||325.75 mi||north||903.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Sun 11:34 AM||202 km||125 miles||109 nm||W|
|João Pessoa||Sun 11:34 AM||233 km||145 miles||126 nm||WNW|
|Maceió||Sun 11:34 AM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||WSW|
|Natal||Sun 11:34 AM||358 km||222 miles||193 nm||NW|
|Fernando de Noronha||Sun 12:34 PM||475 km||295 miles||257 nm||N|
|Fortaleza||Sun 11:34 AM||782 km||486 miles||422 nm||NW|
|Salvador||Sun 11:34 AM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||SW|
|Brasilia *||Sun 12:34 PM||1822 km||1132 miles||984 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Sun 11:34 AM||1864 km||1158 miles||1006 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 12:34 PM||1965 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.