Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 8:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.61 meters/second, 1600.6 km/hour, 994.6 miles/hour or 864.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 04.2"||994.47 mi||West||0° 11' 45.2"||13.46 mi||North||994.77 mi|
|24 hours||12° 07' 14.5"||832.19 mi||East||4° 46' 44.6"||328.38 mi||North||897.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sun 12:34 PM||2288 km||1422 miles||1236 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 3:34 PM||2478 km||1540 miles||1338 nm||SSE|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 2:34 PM||3405 km||2116 miles||1839 nm||E|
|Papeete||Sun 10:34 AM||3448 km||2143 miles||1862 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Sun 2:34 PM||3688 km||2292 miles||1992 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Sun 2:34 PM||4007 km||2490 miles||2163 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 2:34 PM||4071 km||2530 miles||2198 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 1:34 PM||4100 km||2547 miles||2214 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Sun 2:34 PM||4261 km||2648 miles||2301 nm||ENE|
|Tegucigalpa||Sun 2:34 PM||4278 km||2658 miles||2310 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.