Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.61 meters/second, 1600.6 km/hour, 994.6 miles/hour or 864.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.57 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||north||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 04.2"||994.47 mi||west||0° 11' 45.2"||13.46 mi||north||994.77 mi|
|24 hours||12° 07' 14.5"||832.19 mi||east||4° 46' 44.6"||328.38 mi||north||897.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sun 12:34 PM||2288 km||1422 miles||1236 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 3:34 PM||2478 km||1540 miles||1338 nm||SSE|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 2:34 PM||3405 km||2116 miles||1839 nm||E|
|Papeete||Sun 10:34 AM||3449 km||2143 miles||1862 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Sun 2:34 PM||3688 km||2292 miles||1992 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Sun 2:34 PM||4007 km||2490 miles||2163 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 2:34 PM||4071 km||2530 miles||2198 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 1:34 PM||4097 km||2546 miles||2212 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Sun 2:34 PM||4261 km||2648 miles||2301 nm||ENE|
|Tegucigalpa||Sun 2:34 PM||4274 km||2656 miles||2308 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.