Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 11, 2013 at 1:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 11, 2013 at 01:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.58 meters/second, 1604.1 km/hour, 996.7 miles/hour or 866.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||North||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 20.6"||996.65 mi||West||0° 11' 52.1"||13.59 mi||North||996.92 mi|
|24 hours||347° 58' 35.5"||827.05 mi||West||4° 47' 48.1"||329.59 mi||North||892.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tabiteuea||Mon 1:20 PM||660 km||410 miles||357 nm||NE|
|Yaren||Mon 1:20 PM||778 km||483 miles||420 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Mon 1:20 PM||848 km||527 miles||458 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Mon 1:20 PM||916 km||569 miles||495 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Mon 12:20 PM||1304 km||810 miles||704 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Mon 12:20 PM||1333 km||828 miles||720 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Mon 1:20 PM||1453 km||903 miles||785 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Sun 1:20 PM||1526 km||948 miles||824 nm||ENE|
|Suva||Mon 1:20 PM||1546 km||961 miles||835 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 2:20 PM||1967 km||1222 miles||1062 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.