Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, February 11, 2013 at 01:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 11, 2013 at 01:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.58 meters/second, 1604.1 km/hour, 996.7 miles/hour or 866.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.61 mi||west||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||north||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 20.7"||996.72 mi||west||0° 11' 52.1"||13.59 mi||north||997.00 mi|
|24 hours||347° 58' 36.9"||827.09 mi||west||4° 47' 48.4"||329.61 mi||north||892.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Mon 1:20 PM||760 km||472 miles||411 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Mon 1:20 PM||854 km||531 miles||461 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Mon 1:20 PM||947 km||588 miles||511 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Mon 12:20 PM||1275 km||792 miles||689 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Mon 12:20 PM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Mon 1:20 PM||1459 km||907 miles||788 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Sun 1:20 PM||1552 km||965 miles||838 nm||ENE|
|Suva||Mon 1:20 PM||1561 km||970 miles||843 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 2:20 PM||1993 km||1238 miles||1076 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Mon 12:20 PM||2022 km||1256 miles||1092 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.